Do you want to publish your article on GenderMed-Wiki? Please register first under the registration or login page. Authors are only able to draft an article after registration and subsequent approval of the registration by the Editorial Board. This is to ensure a high scientific quality of the GenderMed-Wiki platform. In case you have completed registration already successfully, please go directly to the write an article page after login. You are on the “GenderMed-Wiki Board” now and und can choose one of the following forms:
- Clinical picture
- More gender-specific content
Form: clinical picture or symptom
The following mandatory fields must be completed:
- Title: Please add the title of your article here and add a particular clinical picture or symptom
- Summary: Please provide a brief summarization (max. 15 lines) on the content of your article and limit it to only the key points of your topic. This will help the readers to gain a quick overview on the content of your article. In addition, the summary is important for the proper assignment of your article to an expert who will review it.
- Subjects: Please select up to 5 subjects from the drop-down list. Arrange the subjects chosen by relevance to the particular clinical picture or symptom, beginning with the most relevant.
- Organ systems: Please select up to 3 applicable organ systems. A particular order is not necessary.
- Main symptoms: Which cardinal symptoms apply to the illness? Please select up to 6 symptoms (this field is omitted if the article deals with sex specific symptoms)
- Article type: Is your article an expert article (for teachers and students in medicine and other related disciplines) or should it being accessible to the general public as an article for nonmedical experts”? Please choose between expert article and article for non-experts.
Once you have completed all mandatory fields and agreed to the copyright provisions, you can save the page and directly begin entering your article. After saving your categories you will see a standardized table of contents, which will allow you to enter your text to the corresponding input field. With the editing menu, you can easily upload images and graphics, insert tables, or create lists, among other things. Please keep in mind that the content of every input filed should be generally understandable for the reader without having read the entire article. Thus it may be possible that same content is repeated in different input fields. It is not necessary to complete each input field of this form to get your article published. Do you miss definitions in the GenderMed-Wiki glossary which you feel are needed to understand your article fully? Please sent an e-mail with those definitions to the editor pfleide(ad)uni-muenster.de. The input field teaching material allows you to upload slides, case studies or teaching video related to the topic of your article
Form: More gender-specific content
Does your article include neither a symptom nor a concrete clinical picture? If so, please use the form found under “more gender-specific content”. With this, you can assign different subtopics to your article and enter the desired title of your article into the corresponding input field. In order to categorize your article, it is important to fill in the article type and summary fields, as well as agree to the copyright provisions. Assigning your article to certain subjects is voluntary and practical only when they are relevant to your topic. Please make sure to arrange the subjects according to their relevance for your article, and beginning with the most relevant. After categorization, you can save the content and begin entering your article. Do you want to discontinue your article? It is possible to save your article in the GenderMed-Wiki Board any time and to continue entering more information later. Your article will be sent to an expert to be reviewed once you have finished working on it and saved it. You can learn more about the review process by clicking this link.
To maintain high academic standards and make the review process as efficient as possible, we ask you to please consider the following points when writing your article:
- Please pay attention to sex/gender-specific phrasing when writing your article.
- Adequately provided and clearly assigned references are imperative for publication on GenderMed-Wiki. Please write the complete reference behind the respective paragraph. <ref> should be at the beginning of each reference, and </ref> at the end. Only then can a citation appear under literature.
- Please pay extra attention to the copyright laws involving images and graphics. A publication of images/graphics will only be possible, if the source is authorized. For example the following link will provide you with freely usable media files: Wikimedia Commons
GenderMed-Wiki is looking forward to your contribution!