Here you will find an alphabetically ordered table of definitions related to sex/gender and medicine. Please note that GenderMed-Wiki is not a platform which explains clinical pictures or symptoms in great detail. Nevertheless we want to provide you with definition in the glossary that will facilitate reading and understanding the articles.
Do you miss definitions in the GenderMed-Wiki glossary which you feel are needed to understand your article fully? Please sent an e-mail with those definitions to the editor pfleide(ad)uni-muenster.de to be included in the glossary.
- Compulsive need or irresistible urge for a certain stimulus (stimulus), e.g. a chemical substance (drug).
- Adherence to the treatment goals set jointly by the patient and the treatment provider within the framework of a treatment process.
- (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) Belongs to the group of behavioural and emotional disorders with onset in childhood and adolescence and manifests itself through problems with attention, impulsivity and self-regulation as well as possibly through pronounced physical restlessness.
- Period from late childhood through puberty to adulthood.
- Affective disorder
- A group of mental disorders in which there are abnormalities of mood and drive over a long period of time.
- A loss of or inability to feel pleasure
- Sedative and anxiolytic drugs.
- A measure of how quickly and to what extent a drug is absorbed and available at the site of action.
- A branch of medicine that studies the distribution of diseases in a population and the variables associated with them.