Do you want to publish your article on GenderMed-Wiki? Please choose one of the following forms:
Then click on "create or edit" to create or further edit the desired page. In the next input mask you will be asked to categorize your article. In order to best integrate your article into GenderMed-Wiki, all input fields are mandatory. Before your article can be placed online, all rights to it must belong to you. Please make sure to read all information regarding copyright laws carefully.
The following mandatory fields must be completed:
- Subjects: Please select up to 3 subjects. Arrange the subjects chosen by relevance to the particular clinical picture or symptom, beginning with the most relevant.
- Organ systems: Please select up to 3 applicable organ systems. A particular order is not necessary.
- Main symptoms: Which cardinal symptoms apply to the illness? Please select up to 6 symptoms (this field is omitted if the article deals with sex specific symptoms).
- Article type: Is your article an expert article (for teachers and students in medicine and other related disciplines) or should it being accessible to the general public as an article for nonmedical experts? Please choose between expert article and article for non-experts.
- Summary: A brief summary (max. 15 lines) will help provide recipients with an initial overview of your article. In addition, the summary is important for the proper assignment of your article to an expert who will review it. Please provide a brief summarization on the content of your article and limit it to only the key points of your topic.
Once you have completed all mandatory fields and agreed to the copyright provisions, you can save the page and directly begin entering your article. With the editing menu, you can easily upload images and graphics, insert tables, or create lists, among other things. If you have any difficulties while editing your text, you can refer to the standard Wiki [syntax].
Does your article include neither a symptom nor a concrete clinical picture? If so, please use the form found under more gender-specific content. With this, you can assign different subtopics to your article and enter the desired title of your article into the corresponding input field. In order to categorize your article, it is important to fill in the article type and summary fields, as well as agree to the copyright provisions. Assigning your article to certain subjects is voluntary and practical only when they are relevant to your topic. Please make sure to arrange the subjects according to their relevance for your article, and beginning with the most relevant. After categorization, you can save the content and begin entering your article.
To maintain high academic standards and make the review process as efficient as possible, we ask you to please consider the following points when writing your article:
- Please pay attention to sex/gender-specific phrasing when writing your article.
- Adequately provided and clearly assigned references are imperative for publication on GenderMed-Wiki. Please write the complete reference behind the respective paragraph. <ref> should be at the beginning of each reference, and </ref> at the end. Only then can a citation appear under literature.
- Please pay extra attention to the copyright laws involving images and graphics. A publication of images/graphics will only be possible, if the source is authorized. For example the following link will provide you with freely usable media files: Wikimedia Commons
GenderMed-Wiki looks forward to your contribution!